Last Updated: January 20, 2022
Our website is operated by Heyden, LLC (“Heyden”). Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Heyden. We are a US business, with headquarters in downtown Chicago, IL. If you’re in the European Economic Area (EEA), for purposes of European data protection law, the data controller of your personal information is Heyden (US).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE USE?
When we provide the Services, we collect or receive information in a few different ways. In many cases, you can choose what information to provide, although some information is required, for example, in order to make a purchase.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- Personal details and contact information: This includes information such as name, contact information (including mobile telephone number) and any personal information required for creating an account with us or engaging with our Services.
- Account and user information: This includes information which you provide us when you register for certain customer services or participate in one of our online contests.
- Sales and marketing related information: This includes information such as products purchased, your marketing preferences, telephone number, email address and information about how you interact with our marketing materials.
- Payment and transactional information: When you purchase an item from us, you provide our payment processor with your payment information. This includes information such as billing and payment card details, payment receipts and shipping details. We use a trusted third party payment provider and as such, Heyden does not collect payment card information.
- Customer support information: You may provide us with additional information if you email or call us. Additional information may include details of administrative, technical and support communications with us and any personal information contained in complaints or concerns you submit to us.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Log Data: We automatically collect certain log data when you interact with our Services or visit our website on your computer or other device, including IP address, browser information and the web pages that you have requested on our website.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information, we might not be able to provide you all (or any) of the Services.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We use the information we have to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. Specifically, any of the personal information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
WHERE IT IS NECESSARY TO PERFORM OUR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS WITH YOU, WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION TO:
- Process transactions: In order to process customer orders, track shipments, and fulfil deliveries and process payments and to fulfil our contracts with you and with our business partners and suppliers, we process your personal information.
- Create and administer accounts and registrations: When you create an account with us or register for our products or services, we process your personal information in order to create and administer your accounts and registrations.
WHERE IT IS IN FURTHERANCE OF OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS AND THOSE OF OTHERS, PROVIDED THOSE LEGITIMATE INTERESTS ARE NOT OVERRIDDEN BY YOUR RIGHTS OR INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO:
- Operate, improve, and evaluate our business: We use your information to operate our services and provide our products and to improve the efficiency of our operations including enhancing and improving our services, providing customer support, managing our communications, analyzing our services and performing our contracts with third parties. For example, we will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- Communicate with you: We use your information to communicate with you about our Services and to let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. If you do not object to us using your personal information, we may provide you with marketing information for our products and services. It is in our legitimate interests to promote and market our products and services.
- Personalize your experience: We use your information to help us to better respond to your individual needs. For example, we will retain your shopping history and use details of the products you have previously purchased to make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will also be interested in.
- Advertising: We monitor and analyze your interactions with our Services and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you using the information we hold about you.
- Support safety and security: It is in our legitimate interests to use your information to prevent unlawful activities and misuse of our goods and services, to protect the safety and security of our customers and personnel, to protect our property, to deter crime and to investigate any security incidents or accidents.
- Legal proceedings: We process your information if necessary to defend our interests in legal proceedings.
In certain circumstances, we also use your personal information based upon consent you have given us (which you may revoke at any time) or if we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your information.
However, to provide the Services, we may share your information with affiliates, public authorities and our trusted third parties. For example:
- Affiliates: We may share your information with affiliates, who may in turn share information with us, for the provision of our Terms and products in accordance with this Policy.
- Service providers: We work with third-party service providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. When we share your information with third-party service providers, we require them to use your information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and terms.
- Analytics: We work with Google Analytics which collects information such as how often users visit our website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the website. You may opt-outof Google Analytics tracking with the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Professional advisers: We share your information with our professional advisers like lawyers where necessary, such as in connection with the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- We may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that we may serve relevant marketing offers to you via direct mail. If you do not want us to collect information about you, please contact us to opt out.
We may share some or all of your information in connection with, or during negotiation of, any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may also be transferred as a business asset.
For legal and safety reasons, we may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to so for legal reasons or that this is necessary to prevent harm or injury to our users, members of the public, our staff, or ourselves, or if we need to do so to defend our legal rights or to enforce our Terms & Conditions.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We may operate globally. As a result, your information can be disclosed and transferred to a country outside of the EEA in order for us to provide our Services. Some of these countries may not have the same levels of data protection as are present in the EEA.
In certain cases, we use a legal mechanism known as “standard contractual clauses” to protect personal information that is transferred outside the EEA. Standard contractual clauses refer to contracts between companies transferring personal information that contain standard commitments approved by the European Commission protecting the privacy and security of the information transferred.
Alternatively, we will transfer personal information to a country which is deemed to have adequate protections in place pursuant to adequacy decisions issued by the European Commission. To access the current list of countries for which there is an adequacy decision in place, click here.
To learn more or to request a copy of any standard contractual clauses which may relate to your personal information you can contact us.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Heyden has implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks that are presented by Heyden’s processing of Personal Data (i) to protect your Personal Data from accidental or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, and (ii) to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services for the Personal Data. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, and we do not control the data security practices of any third parties. For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive Personal Data in any emails you send to us. Additionally, please do not send credit card numbers or other payment information to us via email. We will not contact you by mobile/text messaging or email to ask for your confidential Personal Data or credit card details. If you receive this type of request, you should not respond to it. We also ask that you please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MANAGING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you want to correct or update the personal information we have collected or request deletion of your account, please contact us. Please play your part in keeping your information secure by choosing a strong password and by keeping your login details secret.
We keep your information for as long as necessary in light of the purposes it was originally collected or lawfully further processed. We generally store your information for the duration of your account with us. We do this to provide you with our Service. We may use third party service providers to store and maintain such data. We require all such third party services providers to have suitable measures in place with respect to the security of your information.
We retain your verification-related information for a reasonable period of time, even if you do not complete all verification steps, to assist with future verifications and to prevent abuse of our verification processes. If you decide not to verify the account and would like us to delete the verification information you provided, contact us.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EEA, you benefit from a number of rights in relation to your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below in a summary format, but mandated applicable law shall govern.
- Access and Porting:You can access much of your information by logging into your account. Where legally required, we can provide your information upon your request. Note that, in accordance with applicable law, information will not be provided where doing so would adversely affect the rights (including the intellectual property rights) of others.
- Change, Restrict, Limit, Delete:You can also change, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by contacting us. We may retain certain information as required and permitted by applicable law.
- Object:If we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Revoke consent:Where you have previously provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent to email marketing by following the link provided in a marketing email. You can also revoke any consent you have provided by contacting us. If you withdraw your consent to the use of your information for purposes set out in this Policy, you may not have access to all (or any) of our Services and we might not be able to provide you all (or any) of the Services. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- If you reside in the EEA, should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have) you have the statutory right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you have any questions about your rights please email us at email@example.com
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their control panel and choosing to update via the 'Edit Profile' page.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Our Services are intended for general audiences, and are not intended for anyone under 13, anyone under 16 in the EEA or anyone under the minimum age to use the Services in the jurisdiction where they reside.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
If we materially change our Policy we will take steps to inform you of the change in advance.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at:
333 W HUBBARD ST, 314, Chicago, IL, 60654, United States